The Confraternity of the Blessed Sacrament
Wherever possible members of CBS meet together in local Wards for prayer, worship and mutual support under the guidance of a priest as Ward Superior. The Ward at St.
Giles is for the whole of Reading and meets each month.
The Confraternity exists for the advancement of the catholic faith in the AnglicanTradition and in particular to promote:
· The honour due to Jesus Christ our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament of his Body and Blood,
· Prayer for one another at the Eucharist,
· Careful preparation for and reception of Holy Communion, including the Eucharistic fast,
· The reverent and dignified celebration of the Eucharist and the reservation and veneration of the Blessed Sacrament,
· The continuance of the catholic priesthood, and
· Catholic theological teaching, learning and development.